5 Steps How To Do Literature Review (fully English)

Assalamualaikum

May Allah bless you all who read my blog. Thank you.

I always want to share something benefit to all.
Specifically Literature review. Why? 
Though I got my master, still I am not master in doing Literature review and finding the gap.

I knew there are so much bundle of blog everywhere posting about how to do Literature Review. However, I want to share with you how to do LR in an almost easy way using table in microsoft word. and Mendeley.

You might be one of expert in this field and had already used this method. 
Never mind, just read to revise your knowledge, and if possible just comment if you think I need to 
improvise this method.

Let' do it right now!

So step 1: Find the Journal

Go and find a journal that are so much related to your field or interest which you really like, love and enjoy to read and want to do research about it. 

After I saved the journal, I also duplicate them inside the Mendeley. don't forget to register Mendeley. 

For example
I wan to do a study on  Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Then I will find one core/main journal that so much related to this study.

Step 2: Look out for variables

So, after you've got your main journal, then you spot for the variables, dependent variables and independent variables. 
For example, 
In my case, CSR is independent variables (IV) meanwhile company's performance is dependent variables (DV). 


Step3: Define variables and make it as theme

Once you identify the DV and IV, dig further in the journal definition, its elements or explanation of  CSR and company's performance. 

CSR is the main topic, but what are the elements inside the CSR that I need to dig out. So find another journal to understand the several elements or characteristics of CSR that need to be included. 

For example, 
Under Company;s performance, look at their profit, revenue, profit after tax, ROA, ROEetc. depends on the past research. So it become your theme; PROFIT, REVENUE.

Step 4: Dig further the references in the same journal

Hah..., at the end of the journal, you may find what? Yes, reference. Find the journal that inlcuded inside the reference to understand more about your variables. After that you can make several THEME.

For example,

Theme 1: CSR- environment dimension impact on PROFIT
Them 2: CSR- shareholders dimension impact on PROFIT


Step 5: Insert into matrix form 

Alright, let sort journal according to the theme.

For example,  below table, not mine.
Credit to student Dr. Imbarine Bujang. He done it 


How many column? 8 column to identify.
Journal name
Years/ Author
Objectives of Study
Problem statement
Methodology
Conclusion
Remarks

So among the 8 columns, which are the most important? REMARKS.
Why? Remarks column used to pinned results of the study or any note you want to highlight
or synthesis in your Literature review. 
In fact, you can see the significant and crucial issue which become the gaps to conduct your study.

For example,
findings in Journal A = findings in B


Definitely, this method can help you to find topic for your PHD or master

Step by step.
 Insya Allah. Amin... :)


P/s : rasa-rasa tak faham gak, bolehlah email saya kat khairunsamad84@gmail.com




Comments

  1. A good one. I will try to do the matrix way for the LV. Thank you so much for your sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Khairunnisa for talking about Literature Review. I follo this 5 steps. This is a very good literature review of the holy book bible.I also want read here about research paper literature review. Thanks again for your research and sharing your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent incredible blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make running a blog look easy. The overall glance of your website is magnificent, let alone the content!
    Thesis writing services

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find this article useful. Kindly share more such articles so that I can get better insight. Literature Review Writing Services

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hai…you have posted great article, it really helpful to us.. I will refer this page to my friends; I hope you will like to read -
    Literature review writing services

    ReplyDelete

  7. Thanks for writing this blog. It is very much informative and at the same time useful for me
    Literature Search services,

    ReplyDelete


  8. This article is very much helpful and i hope this
    will be an useful information for the needed ones.
    Keep on updating these kinds of informative things...
    IF you need anytype of help regarding Microsoft Office. We provide support for Microsoft office
    office-setup-key
    and office-setup

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sincerely appreciate it. you writing such a great post. thanks. I want to give you this article about how to find my xbox ip address guide to setting . It teaches you how to locate and tag another player in a game using the Xbox's IP address. Please read this article, I beg you. Please take your time reading this article.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

8 steps to write Literature Review Using Mendeley

5 steps to do Literature Review