Looking for the GOOD Journal?

Assalamualaikum,

It is really long time I have not written anything in my blog. 
I want to share how can we search for the quality journal through SCImago Journal

What is SCImago Journal?

The SCImago Journal & Country Rank is a portal that includes the journals and country scientific indicators developed from the information contained in the Scopus® database (Elsevier B.V.). These indicators can be used to assess and analyze scientific domains. (copy from the website under ABOUT).


Several tips:

#1
I would just look at the journal ranking, then I would find the related journal in my field 


#2
Basically, if I want to search for the quality journal, I would search 
keyword in journal search, looking for the name of the journal publisher.

For example, I spell "Islam" in journal search box, because my field always relate to Islamic economics and Islamic finance.




Then they will suggest few journal publisher


Tada,  alhamdulillah. then I would search the journal website and look up for the paper I want to read.

#3
Sometimes, few publishers were not listed with SCimago. but you they are also good one. 
You found the journal publisher listed under this website


for example, Journal Islamic Accounting and Business Research is not included in the scimago but listed under scopus.com. Thus, you may check in both site.

For example,


JIABR is listed under scopus but not scimago.


#4

Other list of very good Journal was issued by one of the Australian Business Deans Council name
ABDC list


this list is very good to be referred before you hands on your paper to Australian reviewers. :)

Hope this post will benefit you. Insyallah. Amin



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Steps How To Do Literature Review (fully English)

8 steps to write Literature Review Using Mendeley

5 steps to do Literature Review